- Do: Put us in your speed dial or contacts now. 800-952-7693
- Do move any personal property that may be under an active leak so as to mitigate your personal property damage.
- Do call us for recommendations on who to call to evaluate and repair your roof leaks.
- Do call us to determine the cause of the roof leak.
- Do put a tarp over your roof until repairs are made.
- Do make a list of all personal property that was damaged by the leak, if any. A written list or a list taken with pictures or video is fine. If you can, go online to a store like Amazon and print out sheets of same or similar items with the cost to purchase. This will assist us in putting replacement value on your personal property.
ROOF LEAK INSURANCE CLAIMS PUBLIC ADJUSTERS
- Do not assume that you do not have a roof leak insurance claim. Do not assume that your roof leak originated from an aged roof. Even if it did you still have coverage for damage to the decking and drywall and other affected parts of the structure and personal property. Many roof leaks that are caused by storm, lightning, or wind events are covered under many policies.
- Do not repair the damage until we inspect and measure and photograph the inside and outside damage.
- Do not repair the damage until we get the Independent Adjuster assigned to your case from your insurance company to look at the damage as well. They have the right to inspect, measure and photograph the damage as we did. They will do it in a very reasonable period of time.
- Do not sign any contracts with any remediation firms without seeking advice from your attorney. If you insist on hiring a firm then only sign to have them dry out your home. Do not sign a contract to have them do the repairs on your home after the water damage. If you decide they are not the firm for you and even if they did not perform the work, they usually have in the fine print a 20% penalty clause for liquidated damages on their contracts and you will have to pay them even if you do not use them to do the work.
According to the Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability-OPPAGA, Policy holders who hired public adjusters (PA) for non-catastrophic claims received 574% more money than those who did not hire a PA. Policy holders who hired public adjusters for Hurricane related claims received 747% more money.
Bottom Line: When it comes to roof leaks and roof leak insurance claims, we represent you and not the insurance company. Your insurance company’s brokers/sales agent handed you a lengthy document that is there to protect them and not you. The agent or broker who sold you your policy represents the insurance company and not you. The adjuster who shows up from the insurance company represents the insurance company and not you. According to Florida State Statutes, aside from yourself, there are only two entities that can represent you with claims and dealings with your insurance company. Those two are either an attorney or a Public Adjuster (PA).
We don’t represent you if we can’t win because we don’t get paid unless you do!
Insurance companies have teams of adjusters, engineers, claims managers and preferred contractors that represent their interests.
LET US PROTECT YOURS!
Our Public Adjusters
NOT the insurance company.
When damage to your home or business requires that you file an insurance claim, don’t face the insurance carrier alone. Don’t settle for what the insurance company thinks you deserve. Insurance companies typically offer an initial settlement that is only a fraction of your claim value.