Oftentimes, the cornerstone of a comprehensive claim strategy targets the fine print of the insurance policy. Taking appropriate measures and making informed decisions with a public adjuster should always be the first step in the process of receiving the settlement you deserve.
Additionally, following these additional steps should help ensure the best settlement for a water damage insurance claim
- Secure your valuables to prevent additional damage from happening.
- Record proof of the water damage.
- Request a certified copy of your insurance policy.
- Keep documentation of every point of contact with the insurance company.
- While most homeowner claims settle within 90 days, seeking help from a trusted public adjuster as quickly as possible should be a priority.