- Do put us in your speed dial or contacts now.
- Do prepare a family evacuation plan. There are many sites on the internet to guide you through the creation of a plan (see our resources page).
- Do, before you have catastrophic fire damage, take a video camera and make a movie of your entire home inside and out. Photograph all closets, drawers and anywhere else in the home you have personal property.
- Do have a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Do try and put out small fires on your own.
- Do look at our mold page and follow those recommendations on what to do regarding “airing out your home. If the fire department used water to extinguish the fire, you usually have mold issues that follow.
- Do keep copies of all receipts for any Additional Living Expenses (ALE) that you incur while you are out of your home. Be sure to keep a log of your expenses as well. Date, what was spent, where you ate, who ate with you, etc. The same goes for lodging while you are out of your residence or business.
FIRE & SMOKE DAMAGE CLAIM PUBLIC ADJUSTERS
Do you have damage to your property resulting from a fire or smoke damage?
CALL NOW TO SPEAK TO A PUBLIC ADJUSTER!
Residential and commercial property be greatly impacted by the perils of smoke and fire. Small or large, fire and smoke damage can be devastating. Damage can be as basic as smoke damage to complete destruction of your property.
When fire damage occurs, many city and municipal services get involved. Property owners are inundated with questions and do not know how to properly respond. Please, after you call 911, call us at (800) 952-7693. We will assist you with the fire, smoke, water, dry out and mold remediation.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A FIRE DAMAGE CLAIM IN FLORIDA?
WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A FIRE DAMAGE CLAIM IN FLORIDA?
- DO NOT, after a heavy smoky fire, sleep in the house. Smoke and fire damage can be hazardous. Your home needs to be tested for harmful chemical changes to the air quality in your home. These tests take a few weeks to come back from the laboratory. You do not want to inhale carbon black residue left over from a fire.
- Do not sign any contracts with any remediation firms without seeking advice from your attorney. If you insist on hiring a firm, then only sign to have them dry out your home. Do not sign a contract to have them do the repairs on your home after the fire damage. If you decide they are not the firm for you, and even if they did not perform the work, they usually have in the fine print a 20% penalty clause for liquidated damages on their contracts, and you will have to pay them even if you do not use them to do the work.
- Do not clean up the mold. Please look at our mold page and follow those recommendations on what to do regarding airing out your home.
- Do not spend more on ALEs than your current housing accommodation would have cost. You are entitled to like kind and similar. If you were living in an upper middle-class home, they will not pay for a rental of an ultra-luxurious home.
FREE CLAIM ANALYSIS
Our Public Adjusters
Work for YOU,
NOT the insurance company.
NOT the insurance company.
When damage to your home or business requires that you file an insurance claim, don’t face the insurance carrier alone. Don’t settle for what the insurance company thinks you deserve. Insurance companies typically offer an initial settlement that is only a fraction of your claim value.