Do you have damage to your property resulting from a fire or smoke damage?
Residential and commercial property be greatly impacted by the perils of smoke and fire. Small or large, fire and smoke damage can be devastating. Damage can be as basic as smoke damage to complete destruction of your property.
When fire damage occurs, many city and municipal services get involved. Property owners are inundated with questions and do not know how to properly respond. Please, after you call 911, call us at (800) 952-7693. We will assist you with the fire, smoke, water, dry out and mold remediation.
- Do put us in your speed dial or contacts now.
- Do prepare a family evacuation plan. There are many sites on the internet to guide you through the creation of a plan (see our resources page).
- Do, before you have catastrophic fire damage, take a video camera and make a movie of your entire home inside and out. Photograph all closets, drawers and anywhere else in the home you have personal property.
- Do have a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Do try and put out small fires on your own.
- Do look at our mold page and follow those recommendations on what to do regarding “airing out your home. If the fire department used water to extinguish the fire, you usually have mold issues that follow.
- Do keep copies of all receipts for any Additional Living Expenses (ALE) that you incur while you are out of your home. Be sure to keep a log of your expenses as well. Date, what was spent, where you ate, who ate with you, etc. The same goes for lodging while you are out of your residence or business.
- DO NOT, after a heavy smoky fire, sleep in the house. Smoke and fire damage can be hazardous. Your home needs to be tested for harmful chemical changes to the air quality in your home. These tests take a few weeks to come back from the laboratory. You do not want to inhale carbon black residue left over from a fire.
- Do not sign any contracts with any remediation firms without seeking advice from your attorney. If you insist on hiring a firm, then only sign to have them dry out your home. Do not sign a contract to have them do the repairs on your home after the fire damage. If you decide they are not the firm for you, and even if they did not perform the work, they usually have in the fine print a 20% penalty clause for liquidated damages on their contracts, and you will have to pay them even if you do not use them to do the work.
- Do not clean up mold. Please look at our mold page and follow those recommendations on what to do regarding airing out your home.
- Do not spend more on ALEs than your current housing accommodation would have cost. You are entitled to like kind and similar. If you were living in an upper middle class home, they will not pay for rental of an ultra-luxurious home.
When a fire occurs, the initial concern is that everyone occupying the property is safe and out of harm’s way. In Florida, fire damage can occur at any time, resulting from a variety of different causes. During Florida storms, lightning can strike a home, which, in turn, causes a fire. Electrical fires can occur in older constructed homes in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm beach. Cigarettes are still a huge cause of home fires. Moreover, leaving appliances on, such as the stove, can often cause fires as well. The possibilities are endless, and the potential triggers can even combine together to start a fire.
In the event of home fire damage, it’s very important to have a plan for evacuating the premises in place beforehand. If the fire does happen to be small and can be extinguished, then this should be done as soon as possible in order to prevent it from spreading. On the other hand, if there is a large fire or a great deal of smoke present, this is a sign that you should leave the premises immediately. Make sure you’re prepared. There are many sites with effective plans for handling fires on the web.
Smoke and fire damage can be difficult to comprehend. At Florida’s Best Public Adjusters, we will very carefully help you through the entire fire damage recovery process. There are many fire restoration companies that we have on speed dial that can restore your home or business from fire, smoke water and damage.
If you have fire or smoke damage, after calling 911, call us at at 800-952-7693
Bottom Line: We represent you and not the insurance company. Your insurance company’s brokers/sales agents handed you a lengthy document that is there to protect them and not you. The agent or broker who sold you your policy represents the insurance company and not you. According to Florida State Statutes, aside from yourself, there are only two entities that can represent you with claims and dealings with your insurance company. Those two are either an attorney or a Public Adjuster (PA).
We don’t represent you if we can’t win because we don’t get paid unless you do!
According to the Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability-OPPAGA, Policy holders who hired public adjusters (PA) for non-catastrophic claims received 574% more money than those who did not hire a PA. Policy holders who hired public adjusters for Hurricane related claims received 747% more money.
Insurance companies have teams of adjusters, engineers, claims managers and preferred contractors that represent their interests.
LET US PROTECT YOURS!
Call us now at 800-952-7693
For more information, feel free to email us at [email protected] or through our website by submitting a request.