- Do put us in your speed dial or contacts now. 800-952-7693
- Do prepare a family evacuation plan. You must evacuate quickly from a sinkhole to be safe from further damage.
- Do, before you ever get any sinkhole damage, take a video camera and make a movie of your entire home inside and out. Photograph all closets, drawers and anywhere else in the home you have personal property.
- Do have a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Do keep copies of all receipts for any Additional Living Expenses (ALE) that you incur while you are out of your home. Be sure to keep a log of your expenses as well. Date, what was spent, where you ate, who ate with you, etc. The same for lodging while you are out of your residence or business.
- Do fence off the affected sinkhole area with fencing, rope or tape.
- Do put up warnings to those who walk by or cut through your property.
- Do move your personal property away from the affected area.
- Do call your local and county building departments and notify them of the sinkhole situation.
SINK HOLE DAMAGE CLAIMS PUBLIC ADJUSTERS
Do you have damage to your property resulting from sinkholes in Florida?
- Stay back from the sinkhole.
- Fence off the sinkhole area with fencing, rope or tape.
- Put up warnings to those who walk by or cut through your property.
- If safe to do so, move your personal property out of or away from the sinkhole area.
- Call local and county building departments and notify them of the situation.
- Do not go near sinkholes.
- Do not hire any engineering, remediation or construction without having your attorney review the contract(s).
Here at Florida’s Best Public Adjusters, we understand that a sinkhole is an extraordinary event and definitely not something you deal with every day.
Bottom Line: We represent you and not the insurance company. Your insurance company’s brokers/sales agents handed you a lengthy document that is there to protect them and not you. The agent or broker who sold you your policy represents the insurance company and not you. According to Florida State Statutes, aside from yourself, there are only two entities that can represent you with claims and dealings with your insurance company. Those two are either an attorney or a Public Adjuster (PA).
We don’t represent you if we can’t win because we don’t get paid unless you do!
According to the Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability-OPPAGA, Policy holders who hired public adjusters (PA) for non-catastrophic claims received 574% more money than those who did not hire a PA. Policy holders who hired public adjusters for Hurricane related claims received 747% more money.
Insurance companies have teams of adjusters, engineers, claims managers and preferred contractors that represent their interests.
LET US PROTECT YOURS!
Our Public Adjusters
When damage to your home or business requires that you file an insurance claim, don’t face the insurance carrier alone. Don’t settle for what the insurance company thinks you deserve. Insurance companies typically offer an initial settlement that is only a fraction of your claim value.