“We Work for You, Not For the Insurance Company”
- Do: Put us in your speed dial or contacts now. 800-952-7693
- Do…move any personal property that may be affected by spreading
- Do turn off the water to your home and do what you can temporarily to ” mitigate” your damages to your home and property .
- Do call us for recommendations on who to call to dry out your home.
- Do call us for recommendations for a qualified plumber.
- Do get as much of the water out as soon as possible.
- Do rent or purchase dehumidifier(s) to assist with drying out your home.
- Do make a list of all items of personal property that have been damaged by the water. A written list or a list taken with pictures or video is fine. If you can, go online to a store like Amazon and print out sheets of same or similar items with the cost to purchase. This will assist us in putting replacement value on your articles.
- Do not assume you do not have a water damage claim.
- Do not repair the damage till we inspect and measure and photograph the damages.
- Do not repair the damage till we get the Independent Adjuster assigned to your case from your insurance company to look at the damage as well. They have the right to inspect, measure and photograph the damage as we did. They will do it in a very reasonable period of time.
- Do not throw out any personal property damaged by the leak until the insurance company has inspected and photographed personal property that was damaged or destroyed.
- Do not sign any contracts with any remediation firms without seeking advice from your attorney. If you insist on hiring a firm then only sign to have them dry out your home. Do not sign a contract to have them do the repairs on your home after the water damage. If you decide they are not the firm for you and even if they did not perform the work, they usually have in the fine print a 20% penalty clause for liquidated damages on their contracts and you will have to pay them even if you do not use them to do the work.
Residential (Condo and Single Family) and Commercial property owners suffer water damage. There is a variety of different types of water damage, each having specific water mitigation methods. It is highly important in situations involving water damage that the problem is addressed and resolved ASAP, as the water damage can create follow on issues that include mold and corrosion.
Many different things can and will occur following the discovery of water damage in a residence or place of business. First, there is the discovery of any one of the following:
- Ceiling leak
- Air conditioning waste line back-up
- Broken pipe in the bathroom
- Kitchen sink leak
- Hurricane damage
- Sewer flooding
Encountering any of the above can be an unsettling event for anyone, leading to a frightened or excited response, but it’s very important to deal with water damage in a fast and systematic way. Having a plan and knowing that a professional can be there to help you is the most beneficial approach by far. Florida’s Best Public Adjusters are here for you. Contact us to review your property and insurance coverage.
Preparation makes an emergency less daunting. Whether you’re in Palm Beach or Coral Springs, when damage by water has been detected, call us on your speed dial at (800) 952-7693. We answer the phone 24/7. We have direct lines to water extraction companies that are reputable and who will not take advantage of our customers and that will get to your property promptly.
Before the water extraction company arrives, quickly identify the source of the water and if you can, stop it. Your insurance agreement states that you have a duty to mitigate damages and to not let them get worse. You can do so before the insurance company even contacted. We will review your policy and advise on how much you can do before the claim is initiated.
After the water has been stopped, and your property has been dried out, then the extent of the damage can be assessed. In many cases, a treatment for mold will occur in areas of the property that were impacted by water damage. When water soaks and penetrates walls, floors and furniture, mold typically occurs. This will likely happen regardless of how the water enters your property. Generally the company that dried out your property will also handle the removal or prevention of the development of mold.
DO NOT SIGN ANY AGREEMENTS WITHOUT GETTING AN ESTIMATE IN WRITING. We can give you guidance as to whether the estimate if fair or not. Do not sign over your insurance proceeds to them. Your insurance policy may or may not cover your peril.
If you have a water leak call us at (800) 952-7693 first.
At Florida’s Best Public Adjusters we understand that the concept of dropped or falling objects is not something you deal with every day.
Bottom Line: We represent you and not the insurance company. Your insurance company’s brokers/sales agent handed you a lengthy document that is there to protect them and not you. The agent or broker who sold you your policy represents the insurance company and not you. The adjuster who shows up from the insurance company represents the insurance company and not you. According to Florida State Statutes, aside from yourself, there are only two entities that can represent you with claims and dealings with your insurance company. Those two are either an attorney or a Public Adjuster (PA).
We don’t represent you if we can’t win because we don’t get paid unless you do!
According to the Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability-OPPAGA, Policy holders who hired public adjusters (PA) for non-catastrophic claims received 574% more money than those who did not hire a PA. Policy holders who hired public adjusters for Hurricane related claims received 747% more money.
Call us now at (800) 952-7693 for more information or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website by submitting a request.
We look forward to working on your behalf to obtain the most money for your claim.